21 January 2015

The Comic Relief Danceathon




The first ever Comic Relief Danceathon is taking place at Wembley on 8 March 2015, and I'll be there as part of the mighty Team Honk.

This will be the third year that Team Honk have raised money for Comic Relief. Remember the Relay and Damini the elephant?

It's slowly beginning to sink in that I'm going to have to dance non-stop for six hours. Six whole hours. Of dancing. Oh my. I've been going to a Zumba Dance Class in preparation. That's just one hour of me galumphing around like a red-faced, sweaty, uncoordinated gnu. How will I manage six? There's a different dance to learn every thirty minutes at the Danceathon, from Ballroom to Bollywood.

I always thought I'd be a good dancer. I've watched Strictly and wanted to have a go, but now I realise I'd be the John Sergeant, the Judy Murray or the Ann Widdicome (God forbid). People would vote to keep me in for comedy purposes. The gits.

Still, it's going to be an amazing day AND I know I'll be raising money for an awesome charity.

What you can do

Join me
There are still some spaces available. You and your friends can join Team Honk. Find out how and pledge to raise £150.

Sponsor Me
If you can't make it, and want to donate to Comic Relief, please sponsor me.

I'm aiming to raise £150. If just 75 of my gorgeous readers gave £2 I'd reach my target. If 15 of you (can I just say, that is a smashing blouse you're wearing) gave £10, I'd reach it even quicker. Thank you.

The money you donate goes, as always, to charities at home and abroad.



Red Nose Day is 13 March.

Thank you and keep dancing...  





.


Share/Save/Bookmark

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this Sandy - I'm really looking forward to grooving with you :)
    I interviewed Rufus Hound the other afternoon and he put it really nicely: 'If you putting on trainers and dancing like a fool can save lives then it's a no brainer to get involved'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Mammasaurus, I can not wait, especially if Rufus Hound is involved...

      Delete
  2. I'm giggling at the thought of all us not being able to do the whole 6 hours.6 hours??? Can't wait to get strutting our stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Aly, I know, it'll be an incredible 6 hours. I expect none of us will be able to move the next day.

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin