Put the kettle on, open the biscuits, and - more importantly - open a new note pad or a new post on your blog. I have some writing prompts for you (and me).
I used to go to a monthly writing group. We had 'homework' in the form of a writing prompt. I haven't found a similar group since we moved house two years ago. I haven't looked that hard either, there's always something else to do. No longer. I miss the structure of someone else telling me what to write about. To get me back into the habit of writing regularly I thought I'd challenge myself online. I'd love you to join me.
How to Write On
- Chose a writing prompt from the list below (I'll set three new prompts each Wednesday).
- Write a blog post inspired by a prompt (or do all three). You can write in any way you choose, whether that be fiction, poetry, creative non-fiction, stream of consciousness, essay or 'just' a regular blog post.
- Include my shiny new badge in your blog post, if you like (just copy and paste the code from the top of the sidebar or bottom of this post).
- Publish your post between now and Monday.
- I'll publish my post, inspired by one of the prompts, on Monday.
- Link up your blog post (The linky goes live at 9am on Monday).
- I will attempt to comment on and share all of your posts.
- It would be great if you could read and comment on some, or all, of the posts too.
I'm hoping we'll create a supportive writing community.
These writing prompts are for everybody. Even if you wouldn't call yourself a writer, you are still writing on your blog. Have a go. Express yourself. Stretch yourself, you never know what might happen. There are no rules. Try to enjoy writing.
There is also a Bloggers and Writers Facebook Group that you may find useful.
Write On Prompts - Week 1
1 - I have never...
What have you never done, that everyone else has done? Would you like to do it or are you taking a stand?
2 - Toys being sold by gender - right or wrong?
Does the way toys are sold make you cross or are there more important things to worry about in life? Have your say.
3 - Mother
What does this word mean to you?
Here is the shiny badge code