7 August 2009

Tara Tara Tara



The fabulous Tara from Sticky Fingers decided to 'thank' everyone that had given her a blog award by giving them the The Blame Tara Meme to complete. I like a good meme. She is going to see how far it will spread throughout the blogging world and beyond. I have also been tagged by the lovely Clare at Clareybabbling. Be sure to pay them a visit!

The rules, such as they are, quite frankly you make it up as you go along:
Thank Tara - check
Complete the meme - see below
Pass on to some other brilliant blogs - see even further below

OK off we go!

1. Who is the hottest movie star?

I have had crushes on movie stars (and the like) since I was a little girl. Here they are in chronological (you will be able to guess my age from this) order:
Lee Majors
John Travolta
Adam Ant
John Taylor
Tom Cruise
Kevin Costner
Keanu Reeves
Nuno Bettencourt
Robert Downey Jr
John Cusack
David Tennant

2. Apart from your house and your car, what's the most expensive item you've ever bought?

My engagement ring. This is a long story that I will save for its very own blog post. Suffice to say it was also the most expensive item my husband has ever bought too!

3. What's your most treasured memory?

The day I met Andy was pretty special, as was our wedding. I wouldn't say that I treasure the memories of the births of my children, but I can certainly remember the second I fell head over heels in love with them.

4. What was the best gift you ever received as a child?

This answer is inspired by/copied from the wonderful Gaelikaa, in her answer to question 4 she said Enid Blyton books. I think this is the same for me. I have always loved reading and devoured all of Enid's books. I particularly liked the Mallory Towers books, the Castle of Adventure series and The Secret Island series. I was over the moon to complete my Famous Five collection too. A few years ago I re-read all of the Mallory Towers and St Clares books. Still great reads!

5. What's the biggest mistake you've made?

Have you got all day? The general theme of all my mistakes has been poor choice of friends. I guess in the past I must have been too trusting, naive and easily led. I think that's all behind me now. You lot are lovely people, aren't you?

6. 4 words to describe yourself.

I am a chocoholic!

7. What was your highlight or lowlight of 2008?

My highlight is definitely having Presley, the lowlight would probably be the way I was treated by the hopsital when I was pregnant and the trauma of the birth itself. All worth it though :-)

8. Favourite film?

This is a difficult question. Off the top of my head: Moulin Rouge.

9. Tell me one thing I don't know about you.

I HATE moths. Oh, you mean a proper secret?

10. If you were a comic book/strip or cartoon character, who would you be?

Garfield!


I enjoyed doing that.

I hope the following splendid bloggers will also take up the challenge!


Of course, lovely reader, if you would like to take up the challenge and I haven't tagged you, please feel free to join in and you can blame Tara too.

Bonus points are available for identifying the image above!!

Share/Save/Bookmark

13 comments:

  1. Thank you Mrs. I will work very hard to complete this mission on my new blog. I had a lot of the same crushes as you...small world, eh? Lovely list. And thanks for the TAG!
    :) Karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh great answers i'm also a massive fan of Enid Blyton - Far away tree is my absolute fave!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a good meme, isn't it? In spite of reading several of them now (and doing it myself a day or two ago) I'm amazed at the range of fascinating facts each one unearths. Like moths, for instance....!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hiya, Thanks for tagging me, I am super useless at these things.. & all the awards i've been given over the Blog world.. I must sort it out!!! yours will be my 1st! I promise to do this one tonight if i get a chance! Its fab reading about other peoples choices, thoughts, Crushes! haha!
    Thanks for adding me to your list (1st! hehe!)
    Natalie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enid rocks. I'm a famous five & mallory towers girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo Garfield! I used to love those books when I was younger!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great answers, Sandy! Thanks for the tag, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You won! You won! (a session with a sleep expert). I'll have the Pampers people be in touch with you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. great meme, your answers were tremendous! Im tagged for this too, sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your answers!! Damn I running out of people I can pass the Tara meme on too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Karin, they're mostly you tall ,dark and handsome types (apart from Tom Cruise - what was I thinking?)! You're welcome for the tag, looking forward to reading your answers and seeing the new blog x

    Wife of Bold, I have to admit I haven't read that one! Oops :-)

    The Dotterel, it is a great one, I've enjoyed reading everyone's answers, including yours. Don't mention the dreaded moths!

    Natalie, I can't wait to read your answers (particularly the crushes)! x

    All Grown Up, yay :-)

    Laura C, me too! This was the hardest question for me to answer, but then it came to me :-)

    Rachel, you're welcome, can't wait to read your answers :-)

    A Modern Mother, woo hoo! Thanks very much. I'll let you know when I hear from them :-)

    Mel, thanks, I really enjoyed doing this one. I'll look out for yours.

    New Mummy, thanks. I know, I thought I'd better get it done as soon as I could! You could always give it to 'anyone else who knows me'!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good meme! I tagged you for an award. http://everydaymamadrama.blogspot.com/2009/07/one-lovely-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amy, wow, thanks very much x

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin