21 June 2009

For my Daddy


This is the toddler's first ever piece of playgroup art, a Father's Day card. I managed to help him with one hand whilst the baby wriggled under my other arm. I wouldn't have missed this opportunity for the world. Daddy was delighted with it too :-)

I also made a card for Daddy from the baby and Liquorice Allsorts were shaken in their box and then presented. His main present was a ukulele and a case for it. Carrying it around he looks like a giant extra from Bugsy Malone.

Father's Day can be tricky for some. I lost my Dad in 2006. I miss him, particularly today x



Share/Save/Bookmark

4 comments:

  1. Im sorry about your dad, you must be thinking of him loads just now.

    The first card it such a treat , and he done a great job

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember Amy making the farmer a card years ago, it's so uplifting isn't it. Your little one has done a great job and I bet daddy was over the moon.

    CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too.

    What wouldn't I give for a chance to sit down and have a chat with my Dad again,

    GG

    ReplyDelete
  4. LM, thanks, these landmarks can be difficult. He did a good job with the card, not bad for a first attempt! x

    CJ, it is lovely to see them enjoying being creative and yes, daddy was pleased :-) x

    GG, I'm afraid I blubbed when I read your comment. What a lovely thought. I would love to be able to say 'look Dad, things finally went right for me, here is your son in law, here are your grandsons'. x

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin