19 May 2009

That difficult second post

I had a dream last night that someone left a comment on my blog saying that my first post was the perfect length, and that I should keep going in that vein. I'm still new to this blogging lark but I don't think I can continue to be so concise. My own blog was the logical next step up from the 140 character constraints of Twitter.

So I am now trying to craft my second post, and like musicians talk about writing that difficult second album, I'm having trouble with my difficult second post.

I will start blogging 'properly' next time, there is so much I want to talk about. Honestly, it won't all be procrastinating drivel like this. Perhaps planning what to write is the secret?

I have had a warm welcome from the blogging world, thank you so much for taking the time to leave your comments, they are much appreciated.

So is this the perfect length for a blog post? I don't know. After all it was only a dream!

Share/Save/Bookmark

7 comments:

  1. award for you over at mine enjoy! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you think its the perfect length then it is! I try to keep mine short but it all depends on what you have to say x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Short is good, but obviosuly it depends what you have to say. If it's way too long then it will put some people off reading...but then if it's really good, people will read it anyway. It depends what you want to get from blogging. If you want to write just for yourself in a diary way then it doesn't matter how long it is, but if you want a bit of interaction and comments then - tip - don't make it too too long!! But have a look at other blogger's posts for an idea of length!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I try and stay short, but end up writing a bloody essay. I use my blog as my therapy.... some are just a snippet some, as I am sure you have seen, are like novels. But hey ho, it's whatever takes my fancy.... just roll with it homegirl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the advice, much appreciated.

    Thanks for the award too. Once I've worked out what to do with it I'll pass it on!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you are hitting the nail...so to speak; I suppose some days you have more to say (and more time to say it in than others. I must admit, I tend to ramble and hope that someone is willing to read it!!! Either way it does me some good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandy

    Blogging becomes so addictive and it's such a great community to be a part of with so many laughs, advice and shared experiences. Good luck with your next post!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin